Planet, People, Peace is an event organized by CANAECO with the support of the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (Costa Rican Tourism Board, ICT).
CANAECO is a private nonprofit organization incorporated on June 17, 2003, with the aim of stimulating the country’s tourist activities in a responsible manner, thus becoming the first national chamber in Costa Rica and Central America, which caters specifically to the needs of this sector.
CANAECO, our mission and vision
To consolidate sustainable tourism as a model of socioeconomic development which protects Costa Rican natural and cultural heritage.
To see Costa Rican tourism successfully uphold sustainability criteria and thus contribute to sustainable development in the country.
For each conference, an Executive Committee is formed which is responsible for coordinating, organizing and defining all issues related to the event on a national and international level.
The 2015 Committe members are:
- Astrid Cremers: First Vice-President of the Executive Board of CANAECO
- Johanna Argüello: Secretary of the Executive Board of CANAECO
- Gisella Solera: Member I of the Executive Board of CANAECO
- Glenn Jampol: President of Global Ecotourism Network (GEN)
- Nathalie Carballo: Executive Director of CANAECO
- Teresa Bejarano: Executive Member of P3 Conference 2015