Planet, People, Peace is an event organized by CANAECO with the support of the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (Costa Rican Tourism Board, ICT).
CANAECO is a private nonprofit organization incorporated on June 17, 2003, with the aim of stimulating the country’s tourist activities in a responsible manner, thus becoming the first national chamber in Costa Rica and Central America, which caters specifically to the needs of this sector.
CANAECO, our mission and vision
To consolidate sustainable tourism as a model of socioeconomic development which protects Costa Rican natural and cultural heritage.
To see Costa Rican tourism successfully uphold sustainability criteria and thus contribute to sustainable development in the country.
For each conference, an organizing committee is formed which is responsible for coordinating, organizing and defining all issues related to the event on a national and international level.
The 2017 Committe members are:
- Jackeline López: President of the Excutive Board of CANAECO.
- Astrid Cremers: First Vice-President of the Executive Board of CANAECO.
- Nicolás Staton: Second-Vice-presidente of the Excutive Board of CANAECO.
- Johanna Argüello: Secretary of the Executive Board of CANAECO.
- Nathalie Carballo: Executive Director of CANAECO.
In addition, there is an agenda committee responsible for defining the theme of the event and the speakers, also a sustainability committee, in charge of P3's environmental management and social responsibility program.